- Marina Hasan (2021) ‘Racist Bullying of BAME (Black and Asian Minority Ethnic) women within the police services in England: Race, gender and Police Culture’. International Journal of Police Science and Management, 32(2), 182-195. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/14613557211004619
- Dr Robert Costello & Murray Lambert (2019) ‘Motivational Influences for Higher Education (HE) Students’. International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design, Vol. 9, No. 1.
- Leo Morantes-Africano – (2017) ‘Teachers’ digital skills development in ITT: apps for e-TLA’, The Active Learning Network (University of Essex) at https://activelearningnetwork.com/2017/09/29/using-apps-for-e-tla/
- Leo Morantes-Africano – (2018) ‘Incorporating action research for curriculum design in initial teacher education’, in HEA Action Research: Sector Case Studies, eds. Lin Norton and Lydia Arnold, pp. 80-86. Available at: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/system/files/hub/download/Case%20Studies%20AR.pdf
- Helen Scanlan – (2018) ‘Exploring grouping strategies with trainee teachers’, in HEA Action Research: Sector Case Studies, eds. Lin Norton and Lydia Arnold, pp. 46-51. Available at: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/system/files/hub/download/Case%20Studies%20AR.pdf
- Nicola Watchman – (2017) ‘Further Education Colleges: forget your place and claim your space’, Association of Colleges at https://www.aoc.co.uk/january-2018-further-education-colleges-forget-your-place-and-claim-your-space-dr-nicola-watchman
- Nicola Watchman – (2018) ‘Perceptions of HEness in a post-TDAP college: reflections on scholarship’, in Research and Scholarship in College Higher Education (3rd edition), ed. John Lea, pp. 35-41.
STEM Higher Education, Advance HE STEM Conference 2021
Re-Connecting with Industry & Improving Graduate Prospects in a Socially Distanced World, Stay & Succeed North East
Energi Coast Innovation Showcase, Durham University
Stay & Succeed North East
Energi Coast Innovation Showcase, Durham University
The Energy Academy at Newcastle College
Exploring Expertise in Teaching in Higher Education Symposium
Critical reflection as a tool to explore expertise in teaching in Higher Education
EAUC Sustainability Exchange: Engaging Resistant Shareholders
Staff who presented at the Advance HE Teaching and Learning Conference 2-4 July 2019.
- Dr Robert Costello & Murray Lambert – Pokemon Go as a Cognitive and Societal Developmental Tool (poster presentation)
- Leo Africano & Jane Pollinger – Are you ready to teach?
Staff who presented at the Association of Colleges (AoC) College HE Research & Scholarship Conference 10 May 2019:
- Dr Nicola Watchman – When Pedagogy met Scholarship: The (Inter)Active Space of Learning and Teaching (Keynote Address)
- Marc Steutel – Degrees for Sports Coaches: An Investigation into the Impact Degree Programmes Have on the Sports Coaching Workforce
- Mark Clarkson – Developing Audio Feedback: A Collaborative Study between Two North East Colleges
- Leo Africano – E-learning: Opportunities and Challenges in Initial Teacher Education
- Laura Gower – Student as Producer: Newcastle College’s Student Fellowship Programme
Staff who presented at the TEAN Conference 10 May 2019:
- Lisa Fernandes – Could a focus on ethics of caring within teacher education have the potential to reduce the exclusion of autistic learners?
- Shona Dunn – Lessons from a developmental evaluation: perceptions of teaching practice feedback from further education initial teacher education
Staff who presented at Per/Forming Futures: Investigating Doctorates in Dance and Performance 11 – 13 April 2019:
- Mandy Rogerson – The Challenges of a Body-Centric Research Project
Staff who presented at the QAA Quality Matters Conference 17 October 2018:
- Dr Nicola Watchman, Laura Gower and Molly Nesbitt (Student Leader) – More than extra-curricular activities: Showcasing Student Partnership Initiatives, a model for Student Engagement
Staff who presented at the 9th TEAN Conference 10-11 May 2018:
- Lisa Fernandes- Is Initial Teacher Education (ITE) based on the Capabilities Approach more likely to Foster Inclusion that our Current Curriculum Framework?
Staff who presented at the Derby Student Experience Conference 3 May 2018:
- Laura Gower, Mark Clarkson & Jake Leighton (Student Fellow)- Student as Producer: A Case Study of Newcastle College’s Student Satisfaction and Feedback Fellowship
Staff who presented at the Association of Colleges (AoC) College HE Research & Scholarship Conference 24 April 2018:
- Laura Gower- Partnership & Power: A Case Study of Newcastle College’s Student as Producer Initiative
- Nicola Watchman- Collaborative Communities of Practice: Enhancing Learning and Teaching Within a Multi-College Higher Education Network
- Mark Clarkson & Marc Steutel– Sports Exercise Higher Education Student Conference: What’s the Point?
Staff who presented at the Student Experience Conference 15 February 2018:
- Laura Gower & Katherine Francis –Partnership & Power: Developing our future leaders through the Newcastle College’s Student as Producer Initiative
Staff who presented at the HEA STEM Conference 31 January 2018:
- Dr Robert Costello & Murray Lambert- Gaming Innovations in HE
Staff who have completed, or have been funded, to do the HEA Fellowship Scheme:
- Emily Rowson, AFHEA
- Kate Harries, FHEA
- Dave Harrison, FHEA
- David Hails, FHEA
- Catherine McCabe, FHEA
- Elaine Robertson, FHEA
- Ashleigh Slavin, FHEA
- April Kingswood, FHEA
- Ce Holmes, SFHEA
- Lucy Blake, SFHEA
- Paul Johnson, SFHEA
- Laura Gower, AFHEA
- Mike Abraham, FHEA
- Alan Hutchinson, FHEA
- Tracy Flanagan, FHEA
- Sally Welsh, FHEA
- Lisa Fernandes, FHEA
- Stuart Moor, FHEA
- Helen Hill, FHEA
- Shona Dunn, FHEA
- Leo Morantes-Africano, FHEA
- Jane Pollinger, FHEA
- Kevin Hillary, FHEA
- Amy Brown, FHEA
- Ronan Paul Smith (2020). Ultraviolet Radiation: The Influence on the Attitudes and Behaviours amongst Men and women. A cross-sectional comparative study. Seven Bridges, 8
- Yasmina Magdy (2020) How is the fashion industry adapting to the need and wants of the ethical consumer? Seven Bridges, 8
- Ian Johnston (2020) Can a coach influence a return to exercise for those with chronic conditions? Seven Bridges, 8
- Neve Bradley (2020) The relationship between male adolescents and body image, and how their holistic development is affected. Seven Bridges, 8
- Louise McWilliams (2020) Employee perspectives of domestic abuse advocates in the workplace: Are they effective? A random-quasi study. Seven Bridges, 8
- Dylan Hill (2020) Efficiency comparison between horizontal and vertical axis wind turbines when used in an urban setting. Seven Bridges, 8
- Hania Klepacka (2020) Policy and professionalism: British values and its impact on arts education. Seven Bridges, 8.
- Michael Malone (2019) Dyeing for Textiles: The impact textiles
- manufacturing has on livelihoods and the environment. Seven Bridges, 7, pp. 5-15.
- Jennifer Davison and Paul Whitfield (2019) HE Vs. NGB: A Coaches’ Perspective. Seven Bridges, 7, pp. 15-35.
- Ahmed Bilal (2019) The influence of low socioeconomic status backgrounds on individual’s uptake of physical activity age eighteen to twenty-four with the help of sports facilitators within Newcastle. Seven Bridges, 7, pp. 35-45.
- Ahmed Bilal (2019) Theoretical concepts that sport coaches need to demonstrate the coaching process effectively. Seven Bridges, 7, pp. 45 -51.
- Laura Knight, Charmaine Ho, Chris Clayton & Nicole Scissons (2019) The effects of nutrition/exercise intervention on perceived stress and anxiety in Newcastle College Students. Seven Bridges, 7, pp, 51 -61.
- James Lawson (2019) 2700 No.1 Press PLC Upgrade. Seven Bridges, 7, pp. 61-71
- Lisa Robson (2019) Security door access; research of biometric systems for use in a multi-site facility. Seven Bridges, 7, pp. 71-79
- Daniel Henderson (2019)Paper Machine 2: power transformer non-linear loading and harmonic distortion. Seven Bridges, 7, 79-89.
- Cameron Hutchinson (2019) Implementing cellular manufacturing to improve product efficiency. Seven Bridges, 7, pp. 89- 95.
- Jamie Oliver (2019) Automotive material joins: the advantages of methodical joint selection. Seven Bridges, 7, pp. 95-105.
- James Baker (2019)System change in the workplace: evaluating a failing system and the surround processes and implementing a successful change in the work place. Seven Bridges, 7, pp.105- 115.
- Laura Knight (2018) SCAT3 testing for signs and symptoms of concussion in rugby union players. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.5-15.
- Ian Johnston (2018) Theoretical concepts of the Coaching Process. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.17-27.
- Holly Harris (2018) Education’s role in physiological, psychological, and sociological influences on adolescents. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.29-34.
- Molly Nesbitt (2018) Are adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities disadvantaged due to the lack of recreational resources in the North East of England? Seven Bridges, 6, pp.35-43
- Cheryl Wright (2018) Dyslexia, its effects on learning and mental health, and the strategies to mitigate those effects. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.45-57.
- Heather Broadley (2018) Advantages and Disadvantages of Virtualisation. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.59-65.
- Lewis Stewart (2018) Overcoming Barriers to Secure Network Design. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.67-73.
- Andrew Turner (2018) Temperature Monitoring in Low-Voltage Switchgear. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.75-81.
- Steven Johnstone (2018) Design a solution to improve wheelchair efficiency by identifying and reducing the factors that have effect. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.83-88.
- Robert Renton (2018) Weld Adjustment Assist Programme. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.89-94.
- Hannah Shepherd (2018) Investigating the Fluid Dynamics of a Louvre to Improve the Efficiency of an Airtrack System. Seven Bridges, 6, pp.95-100.
Students who presented at the British Conference of Undergraduate Research (BCUR) 12-13 April BCUR 2019:
- Natalie Ellis: Is the system failing children with mental health?: A Frontline perspective.
- Hannah Hall: An investigation into artists: whether they are more susceptible to mental illness and are drawn to the subject as a form of self-therapy?
- Radiyah Uddin: An investigation into the validity assessment criteria and student success.
- James O’Hara: An Investigation into the impact of Finnish Culture on Estonian educational achievement.
- Andressa Accioly – The Communication Power of Social Media Lifestyles
- Raphael Adeniyi – Motivation and Productivity (Direct Proportionality)
- Mark Steel – A Study of Consumerism, Attachment and Addiction
- Molly McClen – Are Adults with Severe to Profound Learning Disabilities Disadvantaged Due to the Lack of Recreational Resources Available Within the North East of England?
- Shakil Mashud – Different Scouting Opinions in Elite Football UK vs USA
- Mamuna Ashraf – The Significance of Science Technicians in the Classroom
- Hannah Stuart – An Investigation into Professional and Amateur Physiotherapists Perceptions of the Current Concussion Guidelines in the English Rugby Union.
Students who presented at Posters in Parliament (PiP) 2020:
- Chris Haswell: The effects of radial shockwave therapy on chronic calf muscle strain injuries in runners
Posters in Parliament 2019:
- Laura Knight: An analysis of the spinal manipulation treatment versus Pilates exercise, versus a combined approach on flexibility and pain perception of patients with chronic non-specific low back pain.
- Thomas Manley: Investigating The Positive Effects Electric Car Smart Charging Can Have On The National Grid Frequency Response Within The UK.
Posters in Parliament 2018:
- Adam Harper- Formability Characteristics of Perforated Steel for Die Forming Processes
- Hannah Stuart- An Investigation into the Effectiveness of the Current Concussion Guidelines in the English Rugby Union