Secure a Student Fellow
Student Fellowships are bursaries intended to support students to undertake extra-curricular activities here at Newcastle College University Centre. At the beginning of each academic year we invite submissions by students and staff to develop projects that support student recruitment, student retention or improvement in student results. In previous years Student Fellowships have supported students to undertake independent research projects, assist in schools-based or institutional research, develop student engagement initiatives, act as peer mentors, develop external partnerships and enrichment activities, and participate in research conferences.
Annually there are over 100 fellowships awarded across NCG for a wide range of initiatives. These included:
- University Centre fellows, who work to enrich the student community by designing events and sitting on various committees and boards to ensure the student voice is represented at every level of the institution.
- Audio Feedback Research Fellowship, a student-led research project into student perceptions of audio feedback.
- Brightside Mentors, who mentored Level 3 students to help them make the transition to Higher Education.
- Academic Support Fellows, who worked with our Academic Support Coaches to provide feedback and mentoring to other students with their academic work.
- Seven Bridges Editors, who worked as an editorial team to produce the 7th edition of Seven Bridges.
How to apply:
Student Fellowships can be applied for by students and staff. Each fellowship must have a designated supervisor to support student fellows throughout their fellowship role. Please complete the form below and return to Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how to apply for 2021 fellowships, please email Elaine.email@example.com